5 Tips To Keeping Healthy This Winter
Updated: Feb 1, 2019
I think it's fair to say, we are now in winter. Yesterday the temperature plummeted too -5C.
Here are a 5 tips to help you keep good health this winter!
1. Eat warming foods i.e. stews, porridge & foods with carbohydrates in them.
2. Remember to drink plenty of fluids especially water. Drink water at room temperature, so that your body doesn't have to work as hard to warm up. Drink plenty of hot drinks!
3. One of the best ways to warm your body up is exercise. Winter can make our bodies more ridged & stiff, so move your energy with regular exercise.
4. Wear warm clothes. Keep your body snug & warm with the right clothes for the cold weather. Invest in a hat which will help keep heat from escaping through your head. A warm coat which covers the length of your back, keeping your organs & upper body warm. Investing in winter boots that will keep your feet warm & help retain heat in the lower part of your body.
5. Enjoy the cold weather. Winter can be a long haul, so enjoy it! Keep positive & enjoy the weather. Our emotions play a huge role in our physical & mental health. Try & work with nature & see the beauty of winter, rather than all the negatives. You never know, you might just grow to love it!